Friday, December 5, 2008

My first pitch!

Wednesday night saw a first for me when I pitched our business, Tourdust, at a Next Women event celebrating female internet heroes. It was a pretty packed room and I was given just three minutes to talk about our business and what we are doing.  My attendence at the event did present us with a bit of a dilemma - we had originally decided to keep our site password protected until the New Year, so that we could have enought time to build enough content on our site before opening the doors to the world so to speak. However, it seemed daft to be presenting a business to a room full of people when they wouldn't be able to view us, so we decided to go ahead.

My pitch seemed to go down well and what was really encouraging was to speak to so many people there who really seemed to like the idea.  

I actually really enjoyed the event. I haven't presented to so many people since my Unilever days, but found that I got a real buzz from it. I guess it really helps when you're talking about something you are very passionate about. In fact, and I never thought I would say this on Wednesday morning before the event, I hope to get the opportunity to do it again (and again and again!!)  

Many thanks again to Simone and Jackie for organising the event. Simone has written up about the event on her Next Women site - our first piece of publicity.

For those readers who are keen to check out the site, please feel free to do so, we would love to hear your feedback. However, we are still in very early beta release and so not actively pushing the site - we still have a huge mountain to climb in getting enough products listed before we start our marketing campaign.  If you have any suggestions for anyone who might want to feature, then please let me know.

No comments: